Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
who would hate this?
04-19-2014, 12:45 AM
Wink who would hate this?
"~ann
just wondering.. K-pop is a very well-know genre nowadays.. one thing im curious about is, are there any haters? this question just popped into my mind just awhile ago, coz my sister hates it when i play korean songs and keeps on blabbering about how she doesn't understand it.. LOL :lmao: anyway, if you're a hater or a lover, what i really want to know is your REASON well, i'll do mine:

Im a certified addict LOVER BECAUSE:

1st i love listening to music which somewhat i don't understand (coz when i understand the whole meaning or lyrics of the song, ieasily get sick and tired of it)
2nd Because the singers were really awesome (specially my addictions" SUJU, BIGBANG, KAT-TUN. DBSK, etcc) and a lot moore!!!!!!! :dance
[Image: superjunior4_zpsc8bcf555.jpg]
[Image: LG-OPTIMUS-BIG-11-04-30-big-bang-3450190...071a73.jpg]
[Image: kattun_zps4f38fc05.jpg]
[Image: dbsk1_zpsf175e554.jpg]

"

ゆみはら・ひな〜♪
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2014, 10:31 AM
RE: who would hate this?
"~15Gaby_GiRL
Well I've grown up with Kpop cuz I'm Korean..For me it's more of a love/hate relationship I have with Kpop lol...When I was like in middle school 7th grade my preference in music was nothing but Kpop...But then I started to grow away from it as I got really submerged into Indie and underground rock when I entered high school..When I was in high school I kinda looked at Kpop kinda disdainfully cuz those days alot of Kpop artists really mimicked and copied off of American sounds...Now I'm starting to come back to Kpop slowly but surely...I still look at most of the Kpop artists with contempt but groups like TVXQ and SNSD..You can't have a frowing face for long when you listen to their music Big Grin
"

ゆみはら・ひな〜♪
04-20-2014, 09:04 AM
"~Angie00
Haha only in Asia will a language be a genre.

Anyways, I think it's pretty stupid to hate music just because it falls under a category. I mean there are so many Kpop artist, you can't possibly hate every single singer. Sure, there are quite a few I don't like but there will always be something you like (Epik High are epik =D!). So I guess I appreciate that it's there, like how I appreciate music for thei intrinsic value.

Why I am saying this is because I always find people listen to a few songs in a certain language and make a whole assumption to it. Have you every read those English vs. Asian music thread? Yeesh, whole bunch of stereotypes right there.

Haha but I think Kpop have too much overly defensive fans though XD!"

ゆみはら・ひな〜♪
04-21-2014, 03:35 PM
"~siU_13
KAT TUN isnt Kpop......
but anyway, i dont exactly hate it but i prefer other music. such as TW, JP and american.
depends, perhaps i just hvt learnt to listen to the gud singers yet,
but the singers i have herad, i must admit, hv quite disappointed me.
so i mainly drift into Jpop and Jrock these days... "

ゆみはら・ひな〜♪
04-23-2014, 11:29 AM
There's one thing that's always bugged me from the start and still does today--nobody sings live. I think live performance is the mark of a musician so if you're trying to market yourself as one, you need to be able to put out the goods.

These days... hell, even Wonder Girls sing live. Good for them--even though some of them aren't that great. But you gotta respect Lim Jung Hee and Epik High types... they are TRULY amazing! No gimmicks... just clear and open personalities with true raw talent. I think people really appreciate that, even if their songs don't necessarily dominate. Tongue
04-24-2014, 02:02 AM
I'll agree with that but im getting tired of kpop i don't like most of the newer generation of singers im more of the previous generation guy like SES, shinhwa, HOT ~ CoolCoolCoolBig Grin
06-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Well, I used to not care for it because I'm not Korean & I HATE listening to things I don't understand. Then, my friend showed me Big Bang's Last Farewell MV & I was like "wow, this is so good!" So, now I'm into it. Although, I'm mainly into Big Bang because I'm not into pop & BB does more hiphop and R&B, so I like their style better. I still loveee DBSK & Super Junior, but I like watching them on variety shows more than I like their music.
06-25-2014, 07:30 AM
I never really liked K-Pop. Listen to Chinese and Japan here and there, but never really got into K-Pop. Then last Dec, I discovered Big Bang and I'm really loving it. From the techno-ish sound of Big Bang to the wonderful voices of SG Wannabe, I can see why the Korean wave is so big.

ゆみはら・ひな〜♪